Tuesday 22 April 2014

PIGS ON A BUS

My boyfriend, Jon, has a wonderful sense of humour. Sometimes he will just start making up silly, ridiculous stories and things to make people laugh. Pigs On A Bus is one of these stories. I like to tell people that he accidentally wrote it, because he was just being himself and making me laugh, and ended up creating something that I knew would make a marvelous children's book.

I just recently illustrated Jon's story. I laminated the originals (drawn traditionally on white cardstock and coloured mostly with Faber-Castell Polychromos coloured pencils) and bound them into a little home-made book as a birthday gift for him. He was extremely pleased and has allowed me to share it with you on my blog. In fact, we are even looking into having it published! I will keep you posted on that. For now, here's a sneak preview of Pigs On A Bus...








...And the adventure continues from there! What do you think so far?


Alison

P.S. If you have written a story and are in need of an illustrator, please email me at alistrations@gmail.com and I would be happy to provide you with a quote! You will find more information on my official website www.alistrations.webs.com.

2 comments: